About Sony Depthsensing Solutions
Sony Depthsensing Solutions provides a variety of career opportunities for technical, consulting and business-minded professionals and provides a stimulating environment where people can explore and sharpen their skills. Natural Interfaces & Depth Sensing technologies are a new field that is changing the way people and devices interact with mobiles devices, cars, computers, robots, gaming, TV or industrial image processing systems.
You will be responsible to ‘run the day-to-day’ of the Quality Management System (based on ISO9001:2015) inside SDS, and be the local representative of Sony’s Quality organization in such a job.
You will report to the Sr Quality Manager, and will closely work together with Sony’s Quality Department
In a first phase you will contribute to the development of a QMS tool:
- You will contribute to the design, implement and deployment of the system, covering its R&D activities; it will be based on Sony’s existing QMS and if needed tuned to cover SDS specifics and combining best practices.
- The QMS will cover all aspects of the R&D organization: from prototyping up to product development and maintenance; covering the full system stack including IC’s, modules, system and low level drivers, middleware, computer vision and embedded solutions; covering the target markets (eg. Consumer, Mobile, Automotive, Robotics) and customers and their specific quality requirements. At first, the product development will be covered.
- Later on, you will also contribute to maintain and keep up to date the QMS, following evolutions in Standards and possible evolutions in the organization, type of product developments and target markets to be covered.
When implemented, you will ‘run the day-to-day tasks of the deployed QMS:
The day-to-day work, will include tasks as following examples
- communicating and working together with SDS’s r&d organizations and remote locations SDS might work with, this to review the product quality and pass the Design Review gates; setting up Quality reliability testplans and analyzing the results is part of the job
- communicate and work together with Sony’s production and failure analysis organizations.
- prepare quality reports, to be shared internally with the Quality organization and externally with customers.
- interface to customers for quality issues reported by them, and to cope with their quality related requirements.
You will participate to the necessary audits onto the R&D organization, this together with the Quality Manager, and in collaboration with Sony’s Quality organization.
QMS for all R&D activities inside SDS, which covers developments of IC, Hardware modules, system implementation and drivers, Middleware, Computer vision and embedded Software
Products in development before mass production release: be the quality gate at each DR stage of the design process; set up reliability test plans and judge results.
For products after mass production release: follow up on quality metrics and possible customer returns with the appropriate 8D process.
Minimum Master degree in Engineering
- Experience in Semi-conductor and/or computer vision industry
- Several years of experience of high technology product development in a virtual team context is a plus
- Practical experience with designing QMS for the above standards is preferred; as well as undergoing or conducting audits
In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge about QMS, in particular ISO9001:2015 and knowledge on IATF16949 is a plus
- Technical knowledge of relevant technologies used in design and validation of Sony’s/SDS products.
- Knowledge in failure analysis techniques and methods ( 8D, fishbone, … IC failure analysis tools … )
- Knowledge in Quality tools such problem solving techniques, process improvement methods
- Knowledge in R&D development process flow of IC sensors and of SW libraries
- Knowledge in Methodologies and Tools for Sensors Design and Test
- Good knowledge on office software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You are fluent in English
- You are able to work independently, but you are also a team player
- You are flexible and able to quickly adapt to new situations / technologies - dynamic environment
- You are open minded
- You have a great sense of responsibility
- You are passionate about technology and innovations
- You are pro active and open to creativity
- You have an excellent sense and strong commitment to Quality
- You are analytical minded
- You are structured and have a rigorous approach and a sense for detail
- You have good and to-the-point (technical) reporting skills
- You like to work across multiple international units and companies
- You are able to facilitate team development
- You are able to set direction, objectives for a team and individuals and to assess
- You are open to work in an R&D international environment
- International business travels : Estimated at 10% of working time
- Personality: Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
- Email: jobs [at] softkinetic [dot] com
- Address: Sony Depthsensing Solutions,
11 Boulevard de la Plaine/Pleinlaan
1050 Brussels, Belgium