Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration.
From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Quality Engineer provides engineering support to the Quality Assurance program through quality systems analysis, supplier development, test development & improvement, and increasing process knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Development Process Oversight & Compliance
- Support Project Managers to review project documentation to ensure completeness prior to gate check and ensure Change Management is properly executed. Work closely with the Project Management organization to define and support schedule and design deliverables
- Develop & Implement Project Quality Control Plans and update existing quality control plans
- Ensure the Quality Management System is executed
- Investigate and resolve quality complaints that require Engineering Quality support as well as quality issues that arise during Product Development. For products made by multiple suppliers/factories, ensure all sites are included in corrective action communications
- Process improvement: Identify and implement improvements to Engineering processes and provide support with process documentation, training, and appropriate tracking metrics
- DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis): drive DFMEA execution and ensure valid corrective actions on high RPN items. (RPN - Risk Priority Number)
- Ensure all In-house Part Qualifications, First Article inspections and Supplier Qualifications are coordinated
- Implement necessary business processes and establish measures to evaluate Engineering Design Performance
- Interface with Production, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and outside resources to achieve developmental objectives
- Maintain and control accurate documentation for approved product designs and design changes
- Analyse test data and diagnose issues with design/process/materials issues
- Keep Product Development Process oversight, compliance auditing, leading process improvements
- Product Quality Plans: establish targets and requirements and track metrics
- Lead resolution of key customer/product quality issues, with engagement from internal stakeholders
- Field performance trending, Failure Mode Analysis and coordination/management of relevant corrective actions
- Drive incorporation of new business/quality processes into the BU (may include corporate, BU level or local site), identify gaps and risk areas
- Engage with the Supplier Quality organization to communicate requirements, issues and feedback into appropriate BU functions
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; a Master’s degree in related discipline is preferred
- 4+ years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in industry specific Electro-mechanical design/testing devices. Experience in Engineering validation, testing and debugging
- Previous manufacturing experience is desired
- Excellent problem solving & a teamplayer mentality (someone who can operate as part of a small Global Quality Engineering function)
- Solid analytical and project management skills, financial analysis and business skills, with strong communication and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills are required
- Must have a working knowledge of statistical analysis and process improvement techniques such as MSA, 8D, 5 Why, hypothesis testing, SPC, design of experiments, FMEA and ISO 9001 quality systems requirements
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is a plus. Minitab capability highly desired.
- Languages: Dutch (prepared to achieve at least conversational level) and English are essential (any other languages beneficial)
- Ability to push back & say "stop" - Quality Engineers often have to make difficult decisions & to pushback as/when required
- Strong Stakeholder management skills - someone who enjoys liaising with a variety of different departments, helping Commscope develop new products, technologies & processes.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.